Anne Smith
Kaplan University
CM220-03
Professor Johnson
December 7, 2010
Banning Smoking in Public
The braggart(a) Idea I have decided to tackle is nation-wide cosmos skunk bans. My working thesis rumor is Exposure to hind end smoke is a serious national health risk. Therefore, it should be banned in all public places, nation-wide. While I know this proposal is controversial, I think the thesis statement is concise and utile, and with research to support my claim of the health risks smoking poses to everyone, I know I can develop an effective argument.
As I research my topic, I will motif to make sure that I find reliable selective information from reputable medical and government organizations such as the union for Disease Control, the Mayo Clinic, the Surgeon Generals office, and the American Cancer Society. The Kaplan library has a wellness Source database, so that would be a logical place to start feeling for sources as well.
While emotional appeals such as examples of those wedged by second-hand smoke can be compelling and horrible images of blackened lungs and tracheotomies can create fear, only factual distinguish of the negative health impact (and the associated costs) will convince many a(prenominal) readers that a nationwide public ban is necessary.
If I were to pitch my argument to local county executives, urging them of the need for a pinpoint ban on smoking in public places, I would tell them this:
The word public means everyone should be allowed to be there. Yet allowing people to smoke in restaurants, parks, and other public places endangers or excludes children, pregnant women, and people who suffer from smoke allergies or asthma. Second-hand cigarette smoke is even dangerous for healthy people. A recent study published by the World Health Organization describes the alarming impact of second-hand smoke; after hoard data from 194 countries, the WHO determined that second-hand smoke...If you want to get a mount essay, order it on our website: Ordercustompaper.com
If you want to get a full essay, wisit our page: write my paper
No comments:
Post a Comment